Write to your MP
We’ve asked MPs to back our Early Day Motion calling for an urgent pay rise and retention package for NHS staff to address the staffing crisis.
Please write to your MP asking them to add their name, and help us turn up the pressure for NHS workers to get the pay rise they deserve.
Download & display a poster
Print and colour one of our designs by top children’s illustrators Nick Sharratt, Nick Butterworth and Emer Stamp, or get creative and make your own. Then share a picture of your window on social media using the hashtag #WithNHSStaff.
Show support for the campaign
Add a Twibbon to your profile picture
Add a frame to your Facebook profile
Click on your profile picture and choose ‘update profile picture’. Then click on ‘add frame’ and search frames for ‘#WithNHSStaff’. Position and click on ‘use as profile picture’ to save.
What you can say
- Ask them to sign EDM 199 calling for an urgent pay rise for NHS staff.
- If you work in the NHS you can speak about what it’s like at the moment, and what a pay rise would mean to you.
- Or if your or family members rely on NHS care, say why that matters to you.
Other points you could make:
- Staff shortages – better pay is needed to recruit and retain staff and ensure good patient care
- Fair pay – NHS pay has fallen more than private sector pay in recent years, and last year’s 3% pay deal was another real-terms cut
- Economic benefits – boosting NHS pay benefits the economy, as NHS staff live in every part of the UK and spend their money in local businesses